[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - GeekTool 3 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

GeekTool 3 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Re: GeekTool 3 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Postby VipeR » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 am

Current beta freezes running on C2D (Late 2009) with Lion GM (11A511). How could I figured out?
VipeR

Postby Jawwwwsh » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 pm

At the moment, there seems to be no 32Bit fix for Geektool on Lion, I'm running the non Beta version with two Geeklets that just happen to position themselves correctly when added!
Jawwwwsh

Postby iBud » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Here's my situation. I have a 2011 17" MacBook Pro, so I should be set, hardware-wise (at least with respect to a 64-bit CPU and the ability to boot into 64-bit mode) for Lion. I performed a clean install of Snow Leopard, updated it to 10.6.8, loaded all my apps, then performed an upgrade to Lion GM (Build 11A511). I installed GeekTool from the download link in this thread and was pleased to see that I could create groups and geek lets to put in those groups. Here's where the weird stuff started happening. When I selected Open Preferences... from the menu bar drop down list, I see the System Preferences icon in the dock bounce, then nothing. I am then forced to force quite System Preferences. I next tried to open System Preferences, then select the GeekTool preference pane. When I did that, I immediately noticed that the rounded rectangles normally enclosing the geeklets were nor visible, and System Preferences indicated that GeekTool was not enabled. I was once again forced to force quite System Preferences. I was not sure what to do at that point, but decided to try one last idea, which worked. Using the menubar icon, I quit GeekTool, then brought up System Preferences, and finally selected the GeekTool preference pane. That worked like a charm, but I also noticed that all of my Geeklets were in the Default group, vice the groups I had before. While I can now edit each individual geeklet, I can no longer group them as before. Grouping the geeklets is useful if, for example, I no longer wish to view a particular group of geeklets. Still, I can get everything working, albeit in a clunky way. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? If so, what have you done to resolve the primary issue of not being able to call up the preference pane without first having to quit GeekTool?
iBud

Postby theQman121 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm running a 2009 Macbook Pro.

When I add an image pane to my desktop geek tool becomes unresponsive and freezes upon every launch. The image is still on my desktop, but I can't edit my geeklets at all.
theQman121

Postby VipeR » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Lion now on appstore, w8ing for stable build :)
VipeR

Postby bozotheclown » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:40 am

I'm using Geektool 3.0.0 on Lion running in 64bit mode and after I wake up my system from sleep (which I started with crtl+cmd+eject) Geektool doesn't resume like the rest of the apps and is missing in action until I open the prefs panel for it.

Any idea what's wrong? Bug? Did I misconfigure?
bozotheclown

Postby stetner » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 am

ybizeul wrote:There is a Lion specific beta version available here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1760713/GeekTool.prefPane.zip

It fixes an issue which makes nothing selectable.

Thanks, this version is working fine for me with Lion.
stetner

Postby bwr6 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update for 32bit machines running Lion. I upgraded to Lion on my 32bit macbook, and can hardly live without my geektool!
bwr6

Postby Jawwwwsh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 am

I second that!! Pleeease work out a 32bit fix so I can put my geeklets where I want :)
Jawwwwsh

Postby hutima » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 am

The download link is down. Boo just as i thought i found a fix to my woes.
hutima

PreviousNext

Return to GeekTool