[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - GeekTool 3 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

GeekTool 3 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

GeekTool 3 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Postby ybizeul » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:31 pm

There is a Lion specific beta version available here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1760713/GeekTool.prefPane.zip

It fixes an issue which makes nothing selectable.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Re: GeekTool 3 and Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Postby monchag » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Just trying this I had my worst fears confirmed... that Full Screen apps are not as dominant as they would have to be to override the image overlays:

http://cl.ly/273N2d0d110Z061K3x3n

..here's what it looks like in Lion, pretty normal:

http://cl.ly/1K3i1n0G1X2s2A1y323k
monchag

Postby monchag » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 pm

I can't believe I'm the only one concerned about this, it's pretty fundamental to the image side of things.
monchag

Postby Jasoco » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:28 pm

Is the latest Lion version only compatible in Lion? Because I installed it in Snow Leopard and it now puts its stuff on top of my BowTie AND my desktop icons (It never did before. I use two black bars for decoration on my desktop that sit below my icons and BowTie information widgets) and the Preference Pane has the same freezing bug the previous one did in Lion. I can't even use GeekTool anymore. (Well, I'll just downgrade to stable for Snow Leopard and test this version in Lion when I get the chance later. Lion is the first pre-release OS X I didn't rush out and replace my normal OS with right off the bat.)

Edit: Also, when Lion comes out, make sure we can still put GeekTool panels at the very top most so they are still visible in fullscreen applications if we choose to, but make them ignore the Dashboard space. Both GeekTool and Bowtie don't always do that.
Jasoco

Postby monchag » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:35 am

Jasoco wrote:make sure we can still put GeekTool panels at the very top most so they are still visible in fullscreen applications if we choose to

I do not agree, Full Screen apps are a feature of the point release and one with a fundamental purpose - to remove distractions. As this is Geek software then I think this should be optional as I do not wan't full screen apps hindered in any way.
monchag

Postby Bouffski » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Me is very sorry to say that the GeekTool PrefPane will not open in Lion... Spinning beach ball forever... :(
I used the link from some posts above...
Can I hope for a working version? This because I'm hooked to this...
Cheers,
Bouffski
Bouffski

Postby ineus » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:38 pm

I am using the 11A511 build of Lion. I am also using the version of GeekTool from this thread. If I start Lion with the 64-bit kernel, the GeekTool prefpane loads fine and works as expected. When using the 32-bit kernel the prefpane stalls and fails to load (beachball).

here's the download from this thread:
$ pwd
~/Downloads/GeekTool.prefPane/Contents/MacOS
$ ls
GeekTool
$ file GeekTool
GeekTool: Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64
$

and here's the stable version:

$ file GeekTool
GeekTool: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures
GeekTool (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64
GeekTool (for architecture i386): Mach-O bundle i386
GeekTool (for architecture ppc7400): Mach-O bundle ppc
ineus

Postby Bouffski » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:50 pm

ineus you are my hero!

After reading this article:http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-64bit.html
I booted Lion in 64-bit-mode, and voila, GeekTool works as usual...

Thanx mate!
Cheers
Bouffski

Postby monchag » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:31 am

What about the important issue of Full Screen apps and those modifications which will show through when they shouldn't. I have the title bar  icon covered with a rosette (http://dinamita309.deviantart.com/art/S ... -200473260) which looks fine on Snow Leopard but out of place in Lion when in Full Screen mode. Surely there can be something done to prevent it coming through to the top in this instance.

It's going to be an issue with lots of the scripts.
monchag

Postby Jawwwwsh » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm running Lion, and would love for someone to tell me how to boot my mac correctly so that Beta Geektool will work correctly :)

EDIT - OK, just checked and my mac has a 32 bit firmware, so cannot boot into 64bit mode. Any other suggestions to get Geektool working on Lion??
Jawwwwsh

Next

Return to GeekTool