[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - GeekTool 3 menu icon

GeekTool 3 menu icon

GeekTool 3 menu icon

Postby jpkelly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm

I found that the GeekTool 3 menu icon looked very similar to the displays menu item. At a quick glance I would confuse the two icons. I created a new icon which looks unique and represents GeekTool well.

Here is how the old icon appears:

With the new icon:

Here is a link to a .zip file containing the the images.
http://jpkvideo.com/geektool/GTmenuIcons.zip
They get placed in 'GeekTool.prefPane/Contents/Resources/GeekTool.app/Contents/Resources'.

Here is a link to an installer which will automatically replace the icon.
http://www.jpkvideo.com/geektool/GTMenuIcon.dmg

Hopefully if the author likes this icon it will be included in future releases.
jpkelly

Re: GeekTool 3 menu icon

Postby ybizeul » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi,

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of your proposal, but I'm still open to suggestions. I'm not a graphist so I try to stick on simple things.

If someone can make a better proposal to clearly distinguish GeekTool icon, and keep the "Apple Style" menu bar items, I'd be happy to replace mine !

Thanks
ybizeul
Site Admin

Re: GeekTool 3 menu icon

Postby Glen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:01 am

Here's one I use. The shape is this because of the super geek powers :)
Attachments
geektoolmenu.tif
geektoolmenu.tif (23.84 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
Glen

Return to GeekTool