[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Finder Icons Covered By Geeklets

Finder Icons Covered By Geeklets

Finder Icons Covered By Geeklets

Postby stereopticon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:09 pm

I created a simple geeklet and it is covering the desktop finder icons. The online docs say geeklets are "displayed on the desktop, between finder icons and desktop picture"...

Am I running GeekTool incorrectly? "Keep on Top" is NOT checked...

Screenshot:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f52dmh&s=7

MacBookPro 2011, 13"
Mac OS 10.6.8

Any help would be appreciated...
stereopticon

Re: Finder Icons Covered By Geeklets

Postby mongozen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Also having this problem. Tried to reinstall from both the App Store as well as from Tynsoe Projects website with no change.

FYI - I did make sure to trash both the app and the prefs file.

Screen shot attached.

Update (9/2/11 @ 11:36am PST): I switched my laptop over to booting in 64-bit mode and that seemed to fix it on there. However my MacPro, which is booting in 64-bit, still has the problem.

Anyone have ideas?
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-09-01 at 9.53.56 AM.png
GeekTool image on top of finder elements
Screen shot 2011-09-01 at 9.53.56 AM.png (237.44 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
mongozen

Postby m1kal » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi,

Also having this problem.
My configuration :
iMac 24 9,1
Mac OS 10.6.8
m1kal

Postby stereopticon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Tried rebooting in 32 bit mode, then back to 64 bit mode. No change.
stereopticon

Postby stereopticon » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:20 pm

I just upgraded from the released version "3.0.2" to the LATEST beta "3.0 (135)", and it appears to be better. Also I made my changes using the pref pane, not the app, that seemed to make a difference. I noticed I needed to reposition the finder icons and then they appeared above the geeklets.

I did attempt to uninstall first, to be sure I had a clean installation, but there was an error. So I did install the latest anyway... Anyway seems better now.
stereopticon

Return to GeekTool