[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - refresh command

refresh command

refresh command

Postby bob » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:31 pm

i have two widgets, one in each corner of the screen. a cron regenerates the images they display every 15min and geektool is set to refresh them every 15min too. the problem is they do not refresh at the same time, the one i made first does then the 2nd one. its sort of important because one shows a phrase in french and in the other corner the english translation so they must match ;)

is there a command line way to do a "Refresh All" or even "Refresh Group" like when i click the icon in my menubar? that way my cron could just trigger the refresh when the images are regenerated.
bob

Re: refresh command

Postby ybizeul » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi,

You should set the refresh to 0 then use AppleScript to reesh the geeklet(s).
In your cron, do the job, then use osascript command like this :
Code: Select all
osascript -e 'tell application "geektool" to refresh all'

(this is from memory but I think it is ok)
ybizeul
Site Admin

Re: refresh command

Postby bob » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:48 pm

perfect, works, thank you.
bob

Return to GeekTool