[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Disk 0 space remaining- in a graph

Disk 0 space remaining- in a graph

Disk 0 space remaining- in a graph

Postby brandon.brandon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 am

Has anyone found a way to create a graph (used% of total) for example a progress bar or a pie chart. I know that this command will respond with enough info for my purpose:

df -H -l

I want to put a pie chart in the corner of my girlfriends desktop so that she knows when her MacBook is running out of space and has to delete some downloads- necessary to always run smoothly.

Thanks Everybody.

- Brandon

note***:

i fooled around until i got the above script to my spec. but i would still like a pie chart :geek: ?:

Code: Select all
df | grep disk0s2 | awk '{print $1 " is " $5 " full"}';
df -H | grep disk0s2 | awk '{print $3 " of " $2}';
df -H | grep disk0s2 | awk '{print $4 " or " 100 - $5 "%" " remaining"}';

returns

/dev/disk0s2 is 98% full
277G of 285G
8.1G or 2% remaining
brandon.brandon

Re: Disk 0 space remaining- in a graph

Postby ybizeul » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:07 am

Hi,

See that post : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19&p=26&sid=bdbbdae11518e5decb478a8d78e03e10#p23

It explains how to use a special font to draw something like a pie chart
ybizeul
Site Admin

Return to GeekTool