[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - GT 3 RC5 freeze

GT 3 RC5 freeze

GT 3 RC5 freeze

Postby Glen » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:11 am

Hi

Been using Geektool since 2.something and now in 3. I'm getting some freeze issues. Geektool just stops working. Only way I'm able to stop it is by killing the process. From where could I start to debug my setup?
Glen

Re: GT 3 RC5 freeze

Postby ybizeul » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi,

Well, it is weird that GeekTool crashes, though not everything is threaded.

You can start debugging by disabling some geeklet and see if the problem still occurs

Let me know.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Postby erugalatha » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:30 am

I am also seeing this freeze. Only way to kill it is "killall GeekTool" from the command line.
When I restart it after kill it runs for another while but then crashes again.

I have tried disabling all my Geeklets but still it crashes. Is there a log file I could view for it?
erugalatha

Postby Glen » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Disabled some of my geeklets and it was running ok for a while. But still a freeze.

I have running date, time, month and top processes. Perhaps it in some of those, but still I doubt. I'll try this without top processes for now.

The log file location would be nice.
Glen

Postby Glen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 am

Redid most of my scripts and running for three days now. Added some more scripts to Geektool yesterday so I'm still testing this out.

I really don't know what was wrong with my previous setup.
Glen

Postby ybizeul » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:49 pm

I may have fix this issue in build 124, please report in the bug report or here if you still have repetitive crash of the application.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Postby tobiasb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm not sure if this is the same bug or not. RC 5 had been working fine for me for quite a while (on 10.5.8), but now it crashes System Preferences if open GeekTool, and none of my geeklets ever load. I'll attach a crash report.
Attachments
geektool_crash.log.zip
Crash report after trying to open GT
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
tobiasb

Return to GeekTool