[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - App Store GeekTool 3.0.1

App Store GeekTool 3.0.1

App Store GeekTool 3.0.1

Postby dlfuller » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm still using Snow Leopard and changed from the System Preferences version of GeekTool to the one from the App Store.

How do I hide the GeekTool application? I have GeekTool Helper in my Login items, but had to also add GeekTool itself there to get it to display anything. I can then quit GeekTool, it does continue to display, and I can drag the application out of the dock.

I really don't need extra steps at startup or another icon in the dock. What is the best (right) way to automatically start GeekTool displaying?
dlfuller

Re: App Store GeekTool 3.0.1

Postby stehan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 am

Same problem.
Applications/GeekTool right click Show Package Contents / Contents / Plugins doubleclick GeekTool.prefPane to install it.
Voila
I.
stehan

Re: App Store GeekTool 3.0.1

Postby dlfuller » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Thanks stephan. That works fine just like the previous, non App Store version. And, of course, all my Geeklet settings remained after the switch.

But, doesn't your workaround kinda defeat the purpose of installing an application from the App Store? The application version would be okay if it was an invisible background application or something that didn't require the step of manually quitting and dragging the application out of the dock.
dlfuller

Return to GeekTool