[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Suggestions for later regarding Lion

Suggestions for later regarding Lion

Suggestions for later regarding Lion

Postby Jasoco » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:32 am

Current Lion version is working great.

I am just curious if there's a way for you to make it so "Always on top" Geeklets can stay put when Show Desktop is invoked? I currently use a couple Geeklets "on top" for a clock in the bottom right corner that is always there, but doesn't prevent clickthrough. I just hate how they slide away but the rest of my Geeklets do not (The ones at Desktop level) when I "Show Desktop". I'd love if they stayed put.

Secondly, can there be a way to not let the Geeklet's disappear when I go into Mission Control? I like having my information on the desktop, and if they stayed there when I spread all the windows out, I'd be able to still see all the information no matter what space I'm in. I notice both GeekTool and Bowtie show up in Mission Control if I switch to a fullscreen app, but in normal spaces they disappear. I'd love for them to show up in all of them.

Third, is there any way we can get an "Excluded apps" option? As I said, I have a clock that makes sure to appear above all my fullscreen apps, including browsers and Mail and iTunes. But they also show up over stuff like Flash's Fullscreen mode and other video players. It'd be really nice if we could make a custom list of apps where either a Geeklet, or a group, would disappear/hide while the listed processes are frontmost. Or maybe extend that so it only applies when certain apps are fullscreen. Note that not all these apps have proper Lion Fullscreen support though. As a workaround right now I just put my clock Geeklets in a group and keep the menu visible so I can turn it off on the rare occasion I actually watch video fullscreen on my MBP.

Fourth, what about having the ability to write Shell Scripts that have the ability to modify Geeklets themselves?

Lastly, how about a way to sync the updating of certain Geeklets? A lot of people have clocks made of Geeklets. But of course, they aren't going to be in sync. So your clock might read 12:00:09 AM while your date still has the previous day for a minute or so.
Jasoco

Re: Suggestions for later regarding Lion

Postby monchag » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:36 pm

My problems is the way I use GeekTool3, I use it to overlay a warrant graphic over the  logo at the top left of the screen:

http://cl.ly/1K3i1n0G1X2s2A1y323k

But because Lion has a Full Screen mode it shows through and I don't want it to. You mention that you actually want that, for Mission Control that is, where as I do not. I think the GT team around going to have to figure out a way to allow for varying levels of hierarchy, I wonder if Lion allows for this?

I also do not want the warrant graphic to fly off the screen if say evoking a hot corner that clears all windows away.

Not much response from the devs on this forum.
monchag

Return to GeekTool