[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Deleting "non visible" Geeklets

Deleting "non visible" Geeklets

Deleting "non visible" Geeklets

Postby wontolla » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 am

Is there a way to list all geeklets installed?

I bought a MacBook (the white one with 15" screen) and imported my account information from the old desktop (iMac 27" screen) via a TimeMachine backup.
This brought all the applications and settings, as it should.

However there are a couple of geeklets it brought over that display log files.
At first I couldn't see these geeklets and assumed they hadn't been imported, until I took a look at the console logs for an unrelated matter and saw the hundreds of Geektools error messages saying the log file doesn't exist.
These geeklets were on the bottom of the screen of the original iMac, and therefore are not visible on the much smaller MacBook screen, so I can't select them.

I hope my explanation is clear enough, thanks in advance.

Running Mac OS 10.6.8, GeekTool 3.0 (12A)
wontolla

Re: Deleting "non visible" Geeklets

Postby sean.peters » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:00 am

I've got a similar issue (I think). Just set up an image Geeklet, but the bottom seems to be off the screen, and now I don't seem to be able to get at the controls for it? I'm new to Geektool so I'm not sure if the problem is that the control is off the screen or I just don't understand how to control it.
sean.peters

Postby CrimsonCrow » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:19 pm

You can change the location of the geeklets to bring them up above the bottom of the screen and then delete them. You use the Properties HUD of the specific geeklet you want to move. Put a new number in the Position fields.
Attachments
Location.JPG
Location.JPG (17.57 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
CrimsonCrow

Postby wontolla » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:34 am

To be able to do that, I must be able to select the Geeklet, which I can't because it's not visible.
I cannot tab through the geeklets either.
wontolla

Postby wontolla » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:34 am

Solved.
Saw in another post a reference to a Plist editor, downloaded PrefSetter from http://www.nightproductions.net/prefsetter.html
Edited org.tynsoe.geeklet.file and I could see my missing geeklets.

Thanks and cheers
wontolla

Return to GeekTool