[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - GeekTool 3 RC5 startup issue

GeekTool 3 RC5 startup issue

Re: GeekTool 3 RC5 startup issue

Postby ybizeul » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 pm

I had that too, with CS4 installed.

Fix : remove /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax

Well, I don't know if this is a fix, Photoshop complains when launching but otherwise seem to be working fine.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Postby danilushka » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 pm

My console logs show nothing out of the ordinary and nothing from Geektool It is enabled as a login item. If I open system Preferences and select it's icon, the output of the Geeklets suddenly appears. But disappears on reboot until I activate GeekTool from Systems Preferences again. This is on my Macbook Pro--my Mac Pro has no such problems on boot. I am stumped. I can only suggest you add some NSLog statements to track what Geek Tool is doing on boot and then once the Prefs Panel is selected to figure out why it isn't getting messages to activate on boot.

My Adobe Types OSAX was removed long ago after I installed Photoshop CS4 and got the console error message--so that's not the problem.
danilushka

Postby squidsoup » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 am

Does geektool take any flags for verbose logging or a debug mode of some sort? Keen to try it if the feature is available.
squidsoup

Postby ybizeul » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:54 am

Guys....

Check Login Items, and uncheck the box which makes GeekTool start hidden

Let me know if this issue persists.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Postby gizonaberry » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:40 am

I wonder if any of you found a solution? Because my GeekTool started to behave like this a couple of days ago after working perfect since September. And it's not only not starting, I have to re-write the command avery time. I have the same hard-ware (MacBook Pro), I thought more of a system-update??? Running MacOS 10.6.3
gizonaberry

Postby squidsoup » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:00 am

ybizeul wrote:Guys....

Wow, I feel like such a doofus - that's all it was :oops:

Does the startup visibility change after an upgrade from v2 to v3?

Thanks very much ybizeul.
squidsoup

Postby ybizeul » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am

No, it should not change, I'm not sure exactly what happens, but I know this checkbox sometimes confuses people, thinking that its goal is to enable/disable an item.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Postby gizonaberry » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:30 am

squidsoup wrote:
ybizeul wrote:Guys....

But this doesn't help me. I still have the same problem... :-(
gizonaberry

Postby ybizeul » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 am

Then you don't have the same problem, this does not look like a startup specific issue.

Can you rephrase your exact problem ? And eventually post any output related to GeekTool in logs
ybizeul
Site Admin

Postby gizonaberry » Tue May 04, 2010 4:17 pm

I haven't had time to do any check-ups the latest days, but today I had an update - and after installing the update and doing all the normal checks it seems to work fine.... Don't ask me what happened, but I'm happy it works. Thanks to you who engaged in my problem.
gizonaberry

PreviousNext

Return to GeekTool