[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Geektool Freaking Out?

Geektool Freaking Out?

Geektool Freaking Out?

Postby Cutless009 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:48 am

I'm having some rather strange issues with geektool. I recently had to format my Mac, and now it's acting rather strangely. Instead of trying to explain the rather odd string of events, I've simply made a short screen capture video.

Can anybody shed some light on this one for me please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH48xM1EWnU
Cutless009

Re: Geektool Freaking Out?

Postby Cutless009 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:25 am

I fixed this problem. For anyone else having problems, go to user/*username*/library/preferences and delete anything that mentions geektool. Then go to preferencepanes in the same folder, and delete geektool. Log out, and log back in. Then re-install geektool. This should solve the problem.

For people who installed geektool for all users and do not find these files, they are most likely under system/library instead of user/*username*/library.

Hope this helps somebody :)
Cutless009

Re: Geektool Freaking Out?

Postby ybizeul » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:45 pm

When that kind of thing happens, it may be useful to take a look at Console application and see if GeekTool is logging anything.

Thanks for reporting
ybizeul
Site Admin

Return to GeekTool