[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - GeekTool Bug! Help! Newlines do not display all the time!

GeekTool Bug! Help! Newlines do not display all the time!

GeekTool Bug! Help! Newlines do not display all the time!

Postby kickindrummerkid » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Hello, I really like GeekTool but there is a huge drawback when echoing multiple lines. I am on LION 10.7, not sure if this does the same on 10.6. Help please!

Try this in Geektool. Add a script, and make the script this:

echo "line 1\nline 2"

That SHOULD display:

line 1
line 2

Now, this is an issue that happens on refresh. So make the script refresh every 3 seconds.

Now, every 3 seconds it will cut off the second line. It DOES NOT display anything after the FIRST \n (new line) code. Basically, line 2 is not displayed. But it's weird, sometimes it displays "line 2" sometimes it does not. It is intermittent. Almost every other time it refreshes the second line is cut off and only the first line is displayed the second is not.

Can you please fix this? Thank you very much. It's really a pain when trying to display data on multiple lines.
kickindrummerkid

Re: GeekTool Bug! Help! Newlines do not display all the time!

Postby kickindrummerkid » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Oh, and it has nothing to do with the \n symbol.

If I made the script:

echo "line 1
line 2"

It STILL does not show the second line every other time on refresh.

Like I said, sometimes it shows the second line, sometimes it does not.

Please fix, thank you :).
kickindrummerkid

Re: GeekTool Bug! Help! Newlines do not display all the time!

Postby ybizeul » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm not able to reproduce this.

Tried with :

Code: Select all
echo "line1\nline2\n"`date`

Can you tell me what version you are using ? On what OS ?
ybizeul
Site Admin

Return to GeekTool