[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Geektool on Lion

Geektool on Lion

Geektool on Lion

Postby bixxius » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi everybody. I've installed Geektools on Lion 10.7 beta, and it seems to work fine, but when i drag an image geeklet on the desktop, the "+" symbol won't appear and it won't let me add any geeklets.

Any solutions? I know it's probably because of Lion, but maybe i'm not the only one that has this problem.
bixxius

Re: Geektool on Lion

Postby jscoggi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Same issue here, however a default setup i had saved in snow lep a year or so ago still works. I just cant edit it, or add.

any help is greatly appreciated :)
:D
jscoggi

Postby ybizeul » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:49 pm

I made a quick build here :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1760713/GeekTool.prefPane.zip

But not sure if it works on DP2
ybizeul
Site Admin

Postby Jasoco » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Seems to be working erratically on DP2 now.

When I first installed it, it worked fine. But all I did was create an empty script on the desktop. When I went back to change it, the preferences would freeze.

So I copied my old Preferences files from my Snow Leopard drive and even though it didn't turn it on for me or bring over my other scripts (Where are they kept BTW?) it did let me open the panel and create a new script.

But now it freezes again. So I force quit Preferences. I'd post all the information it gives me, but it's a lot of data. I don't know if you'd want it.

One thing I notice is that it stays on screen if I go into Exposé, or rather Mission Control. But I like it that way. I'd rather you keep it like that as it'll allow me to see my info on the desktop in any Exposé mode I use.

The only problem though is that it doesn't ignore the Dashboard space. It will appear in Dashboard no matter what. You should probably implement a feature to somehow ignore it.
Jasoco

Postby driveslow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 am

I'm having a similar issue. I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion and all my existing Geeklets functioned correctly. The problem is that I could not add or change any of the Geeklets. I installed the build attached to this thread and I was able to edit and add Geeklets, but after a couple of uses now the preference pane just locks up when I open it.
driveslow

Postby Incognito » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Yes, GeekTool is definitely broken in 10.7 [Lion].

Hopefully the author will release a new version/patch soon.

:|
Incognito

Return to GeekTool