[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Deploying Geeklets to users

Deploying Geeklets to users

Deploying Geeklets to users

Postby sfla » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 pm

if i have a geeklet set up is there anyway to 'deploy' that to other users without copying the preference to the specific users library folder?

If there any way to initialize and start the geeklet from the command line once the preference has been placed in their preference folder (e.g. from a startup script)?
sfla

Re: Deploying Geeklets to users

Postby Nukolator » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:10 am

Yes you can, although I have a problem I'm yet to solve.

Create a login script as follows:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh

open /<path to geeklet>/name of geeklet.glet

Problem is, it presents the user with a confirmation dialog. If I find a way to suppress this I'll post it here.
Nukolator

Re: Deploying Geeklets to users

Postby ybizeul » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 pm

The config file is not very complex.

You should be able to run a script that alters ~/Library/Preferences/org.tynsoe.geektool.plist and ~/Library/Preferences/org.tynsoe.geeklet.shell.plist
ybizeul
Site Admin

Return to GeekTool