[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Random Photos from URL generated by applescript

Random Photos from URL generated by applescript

Random Photos from URL generated by applescript

Postby tcross04 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to come up with a way to run an applescript i've written and then have the resulting URL run in the photos plugin for GeekTool.

Basically I want to have GeekTool display (at random) the photos from a site. I have a applescript generating a URL (http://www.domain.com/photos/{variable four digit number}.jpg) I am lost though as to how to get the URL to end up in GT.

Any thoughts? Questions? Should I be doing it a different way?

peace
T
tcross04

Re: Random Photos from URL generated by applescript

Postby ybizeul » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 am

there is no easy way to dynamically generate URLs for Image Geeklets.

You have to download the images yourself then display content of that directory in the Image Geeklet.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Return to GeekTool