[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Geek tool not displaying Empty shell text

Geek tool not displaying Empty shell text

Geek tool not displaying Empty shell text

Postby entity37 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:27 pm

So one day, I decided to label my geeklets.
I created an empty shell, clicked the "override text button", and put in the label ( Time, chat, music, ect.)
However, when I log in, most of those empty shells do not display- I have to open geektool preferences to get them to display correctly. Everything else works fine, however.
Thanks!
BTW - Great program, made my desktop my own :)
entity37

Re: Geek tool not displaying Empty shell text

Postby drkmirror » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

A workaround
echo "Label"
drkmirror

Re: Geek tool not displaying Empty shell text

Postby joelw135 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:50 pm

drkmirror wrote:A workaround
echo "Label"

Thank you so much for the trick, as I have been going nuts trying to figure out how to get this working. One problem with refreshing weather Icon on reboot. I have to press refresh every-time, need it to do it on it's own.
joelw135

Return to GeekTool