[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - Network Port

Network Port

Network Port

Postby maddagu » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Guys,
I am having a little problem here.. I am trying to use certain scripts who are calling the outside, ie the weather script.
Now, our office is using a sophos appliance which makes life rather hard and blocks everything. I would like to find out now which port(s) Geektool is using to call to the outside, so I can open them. I tried good old google but didn't come very far.
Please help.
Many Thanks in advance!! :)
maddagu

Re: Network Port

Postby ybizeul » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi,

GeekTool does not open any ports, but the scripts you configure in geeklets does.

Usually with scripts that fetches things from Internet, the port used is good ol' 80, but the point of an Internet proxy is in fact to filter access to port 80 and not let you connect directly.

By the way, you should be able to adapt the scripts you are using, and add arguments for the proxy and authentication you need.

With Curl, for example, you need to use "--proxy-*" options.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Re: Network Port

Postby maddagu » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. I shall give the proxy stuff a try :)
maddagu

Return to GeekTool