[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Tynsoe Projects • View topic - What am I doing wrong? (RSS feed)

What am I doing wrong? (RSS feed)

What am I doing wrong? (RSS feed)

Postby Shorty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Hey.

I am a new GeekTool-user, but I have to admit, it is a beautiful app! I have been using it to create a desktop with various information. One of the items I wanted to include was a news feed from one of the Danish papers... Therefore, I followed the guide I found here http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/customize_your_desktop_geektool

Everything went fine until step 5... I have downloaded the .sh file, replaced the URL and placed the file in Documents/GeekTool/. Having the file ready, I went into GeekTool, added a shell and entered the following path: "/Brugere/Shorty/Dokumenter/GeekTool/news.sh -4" (Brugere=Users, Dokumenter=Documents) However, when I use the status feedback image, it is red :(

Can somebody please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
Shorty
Shorty

Re: What am I doing wrong? (RSS feed)

Postby ybizeul » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:01 am

Hi,

I don't think /Brugere/Shorty/Dokumenter/GeekTool/news.sh exists on the disk

Be careful that the system localizes some standard folder names, presented as "Dokumenter" but in fact named "Documents" on disk.

Try to open a Terminal window, and type ls /Brugere/Shorty/Dokuments/GeekTool/news.sh to see if it exists (it should return the same path)
You may want to try shorty without capital S too.
ybizeul
Site Admin

Re: What am I doing wrong? (RSS feed)

Postby Shorty » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:53 pm

As it turns out, even though the Documents and Users are called "Dokumenter" and "Brugere", when I have to make a link to a file, they are called Documents and Users... Makes no sense :S Anyways, that was the problem :) thank you for the help.
Shorty

Return to GeekTool